- Scoping the evidence base to identify current relevant evidence
- Drafting evidence-informed recommendations to reduce unwarranted variation, improve safety and optimise patient experience and outcomes
- Identifying evidence gaps where further research is needed
- Identifying areas of unmet need to inform innovation.
- The Research Evidence Workstream is providing us with information about the relevant national guidelines, Cochrane systematic reviews, and NIHR funded primary research studies.
- We have used this information to develop a first draft of a ‘navigation tool’ for the lower limb. We are currently tidying up this first draft and will then be sharing and seeking feedback from the Stakeholder Forums.
The Committee membership is as follows:
Dr Leanne Atkin, RN – Joint Chair -Mid Yorkshire NHS Trust/University of Huddersfield
Brenda King, MBE, RN, DN – Joint Chair – Sheffield Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Mr. Naseer Ahmed – Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Manchester Foundation Trust
Dr. Robert Bawden, GP – The Lindsay Leg Club Foundation
Dr. Paul Chadwick – College of Podiatry
Sarah Gardner – TVN, Oxford Health NHS Foundation Trust
Samantha Haycocks –Consultant Podiatrist, Salford Foundation Trust
Alison Hopkins, MBE, RN – Accelerate CIC
Ellie Lindsay, OBE, RN, DN – The Lindsay Leg Club Foundation
Mr. David Russell – Consultant Vascular Surgeon, Leeds Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Margaret Sneddon – Head of Nursing and Healthcare, University of Glasgow
Professor Andrea Nelson –RN, Glasgow Caledonian University
Professor Jo Dumville – Applied Health Research, University of Manchester
Professsor Fran Game – Diabetologist, University Hospitals of Derby and Burton NHS FT
If you would like to be involved in the consultations on the work of this workstream, please sign up to a Stakeholder Forum here, Stakeholder Forum.