The NWCSP Board oversees the activity of the programme to ensure that the agreed vision and objectives are achieved.
Board objectives include:
- Providing the overarching governance and decision-making framework for the National Wound Care Strategy Programme.
- Agreeing overall programme goals, objectives and priorities.
- Monitoring and managing programme progress and impact.
- Providing a robust challenge and scrutiny function for the NWCSP, clinical and enabler workstreams and the Stakeholder Council.
- Managing high-level interdependencies and risks associated with the NWCSP.
- Strategically identifying, prioritising and allocating programme resources and re-aligning as necessary.
- Identifying and developing funding and resource plans designed to assist with the delivery of the programme.
- Overseeing an over-arching effective communications and engagement strategy, sharing key messages with stakeholders as required.
- Ensuring that clinical and enabler workstreams and Stakeholder Council leads are adequately supported in their work and held to account for the delivery of their responsibilities.