The 2020/21 RUP programme will be supported by the Pathway Transformation Fund (PTF) – Phase three
The Pathway Transformation Fund (PTF) helps NHS organisations integrate the three eligible Rapid Uptake Products into everyday practices. These are:
- FeNO – Diagnostic test for asthma
- Asthma Biologics – Medication for severe asthma
- Lipid Optimisation project – Driving effective management of cardiovascular disease (CVD)
The application cycle for these products closed in April 2021 and in June 2021 it was announced that 51 projects worth almost £2.8 million will receive support.
PTF will support projects to overcome barriers to deploying products, such as:
- training staff to use new equipment
- pathway redesign
- providing specialist nurses/clinical staff needed to implement a new part of the procedure
- covering double running costs
- establishing new data collection methods.