The four Academic Health Science Networks in the North (Health Innovation Manchester, Innovation Agency North West Coast, North East and North Cumbria and Yorkshire & Humber) are working together to help digital SMEs increase the spread and adoption of their innovations across the whole of the North of England.
In March 2020, a series of webinars were held to showcase these innovations. The companies and their innovations which were showcased were:
- IEG4 who have a digital platform for continuing healthcare assessments.
- Doc Abode who have an app to support workforce availability for appointments such as GP out of hours home visits
- Bruin Biometrics who have developed a scanner to detect developing pressure ulcers under the skin
- Zilico who have developed a device to detect cancerous and pre-cancerous cervical cells during a colposcopy
- Cievert who have two online platforms to support patient management.