A note from our Vice Chair
In 2019, the AHSN Network made key pledges to demonstrate our commitment to diversity and innovation. Our pledges, adopted by all 15 AHSNs, have guided us to embed diversity and inclusion in all aspects of our organisations and our work. I promised in our first report to tell the story of what we have achieved as a result of our pledges. This new report is part of that promise. But it is also a call to action to our NHS partners, government, and our innovation and life sciences industries to join us in the mission we have instigated, collaborate with us, and adopt and adapt our pledges for your own innovation programmes.
Hear more about why greater diversity in innovation is more important than ever in my blog.
The work that we have done together over the last two years has undoubtedly had real impact on improving the way that we serve our patient and innovator communities. We have no intention of ending this journey of progress. But we now want to open the invitation to join us and create a movement that can be owned and progressed by the wider UK innovation and research communities. You can see our new equality, diversity and inclusion pledges and actions here.
A few examples of the learning case studies that we have gathered through this approach can also be accessed using the links below.
You can access a PDF of our report here: Diversity and innovation progress and learning report – reflecting on and continuing our mission.
Vice Chair of the AHSN Network, Chief Executive Officer of Yorkshire and Humber AHSN and AHSN Network Diversity and Inclusion group lead
Sharing our learnings
Access learning case studies from the report below:
- Implementing a health equity process with HEAT, Innovation Agency North West Coast
- Partnering with HDRUK to improve representation, Imperial College Health Partners
- Establishing health inequality implications for lipid management and FH, AHSN Network
- Exploring the role of innovation in tackling health and care issues faced by the LGBT+ community, AHSN Network
- Involving expert people from diverse perspectives for accountability and review, East Midlands AHSN
- Ensuring diverse innovators have a platform to flourish, NHS Innovation Accelerator
- Using digital solutions to offer menopause support for staff, Health Innovation Network
- Creating a space for open and honest conversations around diversity and inclusion, UCLPartners
- Supporting asthma management for seldom heard groups, Yorkshire & Humber AHSN
- Exploring the issues faced by Black mothers, West of England AHSN