As living and working during the pandemic becomes the norm, the AHSN Network has published a collection of wellbeing resources to help with your physical and mental wellbeing and that of your teams.
The resource pack is full of advice, tips and fun exercises anyone can try.
Featuring a curated selection of resources from AHSN and Patient Safety Collaborative teams, the pack includes sections on:
- Mindfulness: some wonderful tips, including a guide to 30 days of mindfulness.
- Mental health: coping methods for staying calm in a pandemic, tools for emotional resilience, a look at pandemic flux syndrome, as well as a fun way of scaling your mood.
- Body movement: simple Pilates exercises, gym-free exercise options, and workouts you can do at your desk or in your living room.
- Staying well: offers social distancing advice and self-help guides.
- Finding support: includes support for psychological wellbeing and guidance for line managers supporting the mental wellbeing of their team.
Further information can found be in the resource pack.
Clinical Lead of ChatHealth, Laura Burrowes, joined the Digital Health Transformation Service at Leicestershire Partnership NHS Trust’s (LPT) in April 2022, following a career as a school nurse, where she was the lead practitioner for the confidential text messaging service for the school nursing service in Manchester. Nationally, the award-winning text messaging service has [...]
Dr Cheryl Crocker, AHSN Network Patient Safety Director, discusses how Patient Safety Collaboratives (hosted by the AHSN Network) are supporting ICSs and ICBs in preparations to implement the Patient Safety Incident Response Framework. NHS England published the new Patient Safety Incident Response Framework (PSIRF) in August 2022 outlining how NHS organisations should respond to [...]
A blog from Dr Cheryl Crocker, AHSN Network Patient Safety Director, describing how Patient Safety Collaboratives (hosted by the AHSN Network) are supporting people to manage their long-term pain and reduce the harmful effects of opioid medication. Opioids are highly effective medications and, when used judiciously for a time-limited period, can greatly benefit many [...]