Across all the themes within our reset campaign, several overarching recommendations emerged, which are key enablers to transforming the health and social care system:
- Valuing and embracing change
- Rewarding and championing innovation
- Greater devolved leadership and workforce empowerment
- Building on existing relationships and forming new partnerships
- Removing barriers and adopting agile techniques
- Greater co-production including the workforce, patients, and the public
- Understanding population needs and addressing inequalities
- Greater integration across the health and care system
- Increased flexibility of the health and care system and its workforce
- Greater sharing of lessons, knowledge, and rapid insights.
The research outlined in this report demonstrates that the AHSN Network is well-placed to support the health and care system to reset in the wake of the pandemic and successfully deal with ever-emerging challenges such as the growing patient backlog.